Friday, March 4, 2011

Repopulating My Life

I need to repopulate my life.  While I absolutely love (and covet) the freedom I have as a self-employed jewelry artist, it can be a lonely trade.  I live by myself save my two cats and have always been a solitary person by nature.  I have a tendency to make socializing more difficult than it needs to be, so I'm trying to change that.


My first real step is to start volunteering once a week at the Raleigh LGBT center.  I went to a Volunteer Orientation a couple of weeks ago and found everyone there to be very friendly.  It's a very welcoming place and much to my surprise, has only existed since May 2010.  I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and getting out more, especially now that the weather will start warming up.  Guess we'll see how it goes, but I'm hopeful.  I brought a few of my new rack cards to add to the business display as well.  I never seem to have anything on hand to really show people what I do (make), so I made new cards to show them!  I think they came out well.  I created them myself and ordered them from Vistaprint.

The front:


The back:


I made more new designs today as well that I'll likely photograph this weekend. I've noticed that the more listings I create, the more inquiries and sales I get.  I know; that seems rather like DUH, but I'm at about 350 now, so it's been a journey and a learning experience the entire way!

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment