Sunday, April 26, 2009

Opportunity for Child-Centered Artists/Photographers

Do you want to go places?

I'm working on a comprehensive website focusing on activities for young children (ages 3-5 mostly), and I'm going to need graphics for the site as I build it. Rather than use stock images, I'd really like to use the space to promote indie artists and photographers instead. I want to capture the real essence of childhood, handmade toys, puppets, parent-child interactions, wonder, etc. I'm interested in pulling from--to name a few:

*artwork designed for children

*photographs of children

*photographs of objects, especially toys

*photographs of adults and children interacting

*artwork that features child-like people or characters that isn't necessarily something you'd hang in a child's room, but still gives off a child-like vibe.

*possibly even product photos if they fit what I'm writing about, so if you're a puppet, doll, toymaker, you can sign up as well. I plan to feature handmade toys, etc. as the site expands. (case in point --> the picture that opened this post)

I really want to give indie artisans free exposure by featuring their work on content related pages, so it would similar to being featured on a blog...only better because parents and teachers are the audience for this site, so if that's your target customer, then this could be a good match for you. Ideally, I'd like to have several artists/toy makers who would like to have their work featured on the site so I have a pool of photos/pictures/artists to choose from as I write. You will always be notified if I'm using your photo, get credit for your photo and a link straight to it in your shop in return or if you're work is not for sale, a link to your site.

Comment below if you're interested or email me. If you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks, Lori

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I would be interested :) I replied in your etsy thread, and you can access my website via my profile here!

    ReplyDelete