Friday, May 7, 2010

Soothie Sacks - Recent Handmade Purchase

Read this blog for awhile, and you'll find that I suffer from some really vicious migraines sometimes, especially when it gets hot outside. I've been trying to find the right cold pack to help me make it through the summer. I'm one of those hot blooded people all year round. If you touch my hands in the middle of winter, I feel like a space heater. My hair stylist always asks if I have a fever, but I don't. I'm just warm. Because of this, I get overheated really quickly during NC summers, and overheating almost always turns into a bitch of a migraine.

So, I've been searching around for the right cold pack for awhile, and I found what I wanted at Soothie Sacks on Etsy. I needed a nice long and skinny one that I can use around my neck or on my head and I got a square one for when the rest of my body decides to go on strike, too. So here's what I got:

The long piece is 23" x 5" and the square piece is 12' x 10.' What makes these packs work so well is that the rice is sewn into separate compartments instead of being allowed to fly all over the place. This allows you to keep the cold or heat uniform all around. April, the owner, even allows you to pick a scent for your packs. I choose lavender and they smell wonderful! She takes custom orders and can make packs in any size with any fabric. I'll definitely keep Soothie Sacks in mind if I need to get another size someday. Great purchase!

~Lori

1 comment: