Saturday, August 28, 2010

New DIY Bracelet kits at Risky Beads!

If you're a beader or an aspiring one, you know that spending money on beads is like a drug.  You walk into a bead store and see SO much potential and then you leave with an empty wallet.  One of my biggest challenges when I started beading was understanding how to work with all different shapes and types of beads.  I'm self-taught so I did A LOT of reading online and in books as well as watching tutorials on YouTube.  So while buying beads upon beads upon beads wasn't necessarily the most cost-effective way to learn, it did give me a chance to experiment with everything and figure out what I like, what I'm good at, and what I ultimately want to use in my work.

In that spirit, I'm creating some new DIY Jewelry kits complete with complimentary beads and charms, stringing material, and instructions on how to get started!  I listed 3 of them today...each of them is one of a kind.  First up is 'Autumn:'


Next a Save the Gulf inspired kit!


And finally, Make Love Last, a kit filled with some of the prettiest earthy mauve beads I've ever seen!

details here

Each comes packaged in a cute little box with ribbon.  They'd make a GREAT gift for yourself or the crafter in your life.  You can even have fun with these at parties for everyone age 6 to infinity!

I'll be putting together quite a few more!  Each is $9.95 or less and a great way to get your feet wet. You can view the rest of my shop here or just the supply section.

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment