I was tagged by Fo-Shizzle Design Studios so it's my turn to share ten facts about me and to tag 10 others to do the same. This is a great way to get to know about each other and further develop our friendships, even though most of them are long-distance.
So... without further a-do, here's 10 facts about me:
1. I have two cats that have almost convinced me that I'm one of them.
2. I have synesthesia, specifically grapheme --> color synesthesia. All numbers and letters are a specific color in my mind as do days of the week and months of the year. For instance, I've never been able to think of the days of the week as anything but: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I don't know why Sunday and Wednesday are the same. They just are.
3. I write all the time. When I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing.
4. Nothing thrills me more than findings beads that look exactly like lettuce or veggies or hamburgers.
5. I'm a bleeding heart liberal, and I consider myself just one person in this great big world, a person who has no right to deny health care to anyone else. I think politicians who think otherwise are incredibly selfish and quite frankly, cruel.
6. I like Laffy Taffy and tangy, sour candy.
7. I have a degree in Education with a concentration in High School English, but I spent my career being a child care teacher, director, business manager and then operations manager and then in accounts receivable for construction companies. I've taken coursework beyond college in Early Childhood Development and Computer Programming. Now, I run Risky Beads and the Handmade Highway. Go figure.
8. I'm an avid fan of: Mad Men, So You Think You Can Dance, Wipeout (because it's brainless hilarity), Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Countdown, The Daily Show, Reno 911, The Rachel Maddow Show, Glee, Big Brother, and The Colbert Report, and documentaries. This year, I'm trying out Survivor.
9. I buy way too many music soundtracks and TV soundtracks. Including Mad Men. Great soundtrack!
10. Up until about 6 months ago, we didn't have Bravo on our cable system here, so I couldn't watch Project Runway. When we did get and I saw it come on one day, I realized that for years, I thought the show was Project Runaway. I was expecting a riveting documentaries about teens on the streets. o_0 I wish I was making that up!
1. Five to Nine Design
2. Ollie's Boutqiue
3. Lynsey & Harper Confections
4. Moppets Closets
6. Hypnotransformations. Hypnosis To Transform Your life
7. Make Every Day Your Lucky Day
8. Addition Style
10. Luminous Art by Shannon