Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-bye 2009. Me Likey, Me No Likey

Well, it's time for the last blog post of 2009, so I'd thought I do a little recap of what made me happy this year and what didn't.

What me likey about 2009 (in not particular order):


*Having a president who's intelligent, knows the English language, and is respected throughout the world.
*My customers!
*Having Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. I think she's doing an amazing job. She makes me smile.
*Launching the Handmade Highway. It's 6 months old and has over 350 members, and it was featured in the year-end double-issue of Gift Beat!
*Spending quality time with my adorable nieces and getting closer to my sister.
*Finally watching an episode of Project Runway and realizing that it's not Project Runaway as I'd previously thought. I was expecting a documentary about homeless kids. (We finally got Bravo here.)
*Adding some real cool pieces to my Risky Beads shop, like Taco Salad, Autumn Orchard, Linguistic Courage and Winter Sugar.
*Mad Men, Hoarders, Modern Family, So You Think You Can Dance, Glee, Men of a Certain Age, CSI anywhere, Criminal Minds, and any other show that I'm addicted to.
*Getting amazing feedback from the readers of my book Make It Small When You're Trying to Make it Big.
*Loving that my youngest cat who is by far the biggest cat can finally accept affection. She seemed clueless before. I wonder if the fact that I work from home now has been the difference.
*Making some true friends from the handmade galaxy.
*My best friend moving back to NC. We have so much fun together.
*Rachel Maddow.
*New furniture and computer arriving any day. Good-bye Ethan Allen albatross. It's been real...uncomfortable.
*Being in charge of my own destiny and working for myself.
*Discovering some amazing Etsy shops: Funktional Spa, Crocheted Little Things, Blue Pie Designs, Lavender Lore, Tattie Tats, Lynsey and Harper Confections ...and so many others.
*Throwing away a bunch of crap.
*Lopez Tonight on TBS. Watch it; he's hilarious!
*Panera Bread. You own me.
*Reading Augusten Burroughs, David Sedaris, and Julie Gregory.
*Improvements in Twitter.
*Improvement in my overall health.
*We got a good amount of rain.
*Former President George W. Bush because at least he knows when to shut up.

What me NO likey about 2009 (in no particular order):


*Still need to lose weight.
*Losing access to health insurance.
*Tea bagging haters who don't even know what tea-bagging really means, lol.
*The mysterious disappearance of Obama's backbone.
*Glenn Beck--the only right-winger who can cry on TV and not be branded a liberal.
*Sarah Palin and her Facebook psuedo-prophecies.
*Cat litter. It's too heavy and a pain in the ass.
*The inability of lawmakers to grasp the concept that we already have a Public Option for health insurance in this country. It's called Go To the ER and Don't Pay the Bill You Can't Afford. I'm willing to pay for my insurance; you just have to let me.
*Afghanistan, and our approach to fighting terrorism. It's misguided. We need fewer troops on the ground and more spies in the hot spots.
*Throwing my knee out.
*Not keeping up with this blog!
*Airport security that isn't.
*Severe writer's block. I wish they made a pill for that.
*Joe Lieberman.
*Discovering, yet again, that the minute I find the perfect perfume, moisturizer, shampoo, etc., it gets discontinued!!!
*Dick Cheney...although watching his very public slide into lunacy by way of De Nial is kind of entertaining.
*And as always, grocery shopping. The bane of my existence.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things in both categories, but that's enough for now! Happy New Year everyone! Bring on 2010!

~Lori

First image is Train/print by Tosya on Etsy. Second image is Angry Mob Print by dpsullivan on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. Great Lists! I can relate to a lot of what you've written. But, the getting rid of a lot of crap...I'm working on...I need a pill for that...no that'd cost money. Best get rid of the crap. lol

    ReplyDelete