Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Glee and the Handmade Seller


I was watching Glee today as my DVR recorded it, which turned out to be a good thing since I forgot it was coming back this week. That show does a great job of putting a teenage mindset on everything that's happening. Relationships begin and end in 24 hours with extreme fanfare and angst (and musical numbers, No Fair!); alliances and enemies are made and destroyed every 15 min. It made me realize that I often have that feeling about my shop. Make a sale and the world is perfect; go a couple days without a sale, and I'm revamping my entire life, questioning my choice of safety schools that I never needed, and re-pondering the whole Coke/Pepsi thing. It's like living in a fishbowl; you swim and swim and swim, always forgetting that you spend half your time in a castle regardless of where you go.

Oooh, look, a sale! What was I saying?

Keep Calm and Carry On plaque courtesy of Whimsical Xpressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment