Thursday, November 12, 2009

Puppets! The perfect gift!

Anytime I'm buying a gift for a child, I always buy handmade! There are just too many incredible toy makers in the handmade world not to. Today I'm going to show you some puppets! I love puppets! When I was a preschool teacher, I had 2 puppets in residence in my classroom who were part of our little community. Puppets are a fantastic, open-ended gift for children because they can control the action. Give a child a couple of puppets, and you'll be amazed at what you'll learn about them as they play. Here are some of my favorite handmade puppets. First up, finger puppets!

Finger puppets rock. Period. They're the quickest, funnest way to put a smile back on your child's face.


Fun With Wildlife Finger Puppets, With Hugs and Kisses, $19.99


and now for some Hand Puppets!! Get a few fun hand puppets and practice role playing with your child. Let him be the grown up while you pretend to bet the child. Look at these adorable and affordable hand puppets from Puppets by Margie:



How about Vintage Puppets? Rekindle your lost youth! Featuring Miss Piggy from Plum Berry Vintage, Vintage Alf Puppets from Dilly Dally Vintage, and Vintage Pelham puppet or marionette by Wooden Donkey.



We can't forget Stick Puppets!


Well, that's all! If anyone's looking for me, I'll be hanging out at Fraggle Rock!

~Lori

Still plenty of time to sign up for my giveaway and win a gift certificate to my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment