Thursday, November 5, 2009

Talent Envy - Volume 1-Wood

I'm going to start a new series on my blog called Talent Envy. I'm doing this because this because I have a severe case of it that's exacerbated on an hourly basis as I visit handmade venues and blogs . If you're a handmade seller, I'll bet you have it, too. Sadly, there is no cure; a little bit of envy just multiplies over and over! And now the first installment of Talent Envy... dedicated to wood!

Our first victim of Talent Envy is Daphne from The Wood Shoppe's. Check this ribbon organizer out: Get Those Spools of Ribbon Out Where You Can SEE Them.... . I wish I could be trusted with power tools; I'm a hazard every time I pick up my blow dryer! I have so much ribbon, twine, cord, oh my! I need at least 2 of these!


Victim 2 is Rob Greig from Made in the Hudson Valley. I LOVE this Tea Light holder. I have neither the skills nor the patience to spot 'tea light' friendly branches. I'd probably set a forest on fire trying to make one.


Victim 3 is Tom Roche. Look at this adorKable kitty cat cutting board! It makes me want to cut cheese all day long. (If you took that the wrong way, shame on you, lol.) Can you think of a better hostess gift for the holidays? No, you can't! He even makes...Mittens to go with your Naughty Kittens!

And finally, victim 4 is Mark Taylor from Southern Craftsmen. Look at these fly boxes! He even does custom engraving on them. If I survived the actual fly fishing, I'd be too pooped to do the engraving!


That's it for the first installment of Talent Envy. Stay tuned...next week's pics will come from my own discipline...jewelry!

~Lori

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog! Thanks for featuring our shop!
    Daphne and Mark
    http://thewoodshoppe.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete