Friday, June 25, 2010

Recent Handmade Purchase-Body Frosting from Caribbean Scents on Etsy

Well, it's Friday, and what better day to pontificate effusively about my recent Body Frosting purchase from Caribbean Scents on Etsy? I am always on the hunt for the perfectly aroma-therapeutic bath and body experience and this one did NOT disappoint! I like it when bath and body shops offer sample sizes because try as I might, I can never get the scent feature on my monitor to work. ;-) So, I opted for 4 samples of body frosting for $7. I chose Brown Sugar, Lime Crystal Kisses, Pineapple Coconut, and Ginger Peach.


I'm impressed with this cream. It moisturizes well and doesn't feel at all greasy. I've also noticed a small improvement in my skin. I say 'small' because anyone who uses as much handmade soap and lotion as I do, already has sufficiently drenched skin, lol. Of the 4 scents I purchased, my least favorite is Pineapple Coconut; it's not quite pineapple-ly enough for me. (I'm ALL about the fruit!) I'm very pleased with the Lime Crystal Kisses and the Ginger Peach. It's pretty hard to mess up lime, and the Ginger Peach is a really interesting scent. It has a little kick to it that I really like. (Yes, I know that's the ginger, lol.)



You can sort of tell from the picture above that Brown Sugar is my favorite! And when I say favorite, that's an understatement! I LOVE this scent. I'm an Om gal, a discontinued scent from The Gap that you can only find on Ebay on the second Tuesday of every week and while I still have some left, I'm also searching for a comparable scent to take over when my dealer runs out of it. Brown Sugar might just be it. Ana, the shop owner, describes it as: a magical, complex fragrance composed of top notes of Fresh figs, peaches, and passion fruit; followed by middle notes of coconut milk, vanilla orchid, jasmine, muguet, and freesia; well-balanced with base notes of vanilla beans, caramel, maple sugar, fig leaves, and musk. Now I've purchased similarly described scents on Etsy before and many of them have gone right in the trash because they were harsh and overbearing. I like my perfumes to warm to my skin and make you wonder why I smell so good rather than make your nose implode on your face. This Brown Sugar is delightfully mysterious, and while I realize how goofy that sounds, it's just the truth!

Hope you enjoyed yet another foray into my penchant for purchasing! Be nosy and read about what else I buy. More confessions coming soon....

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment